Works car 1905 at Wartau loop on 5th August 1905. This car was built in 1962 using the truck of 1224. It was used to shunt the trailers which were attached or detached during the course of the day to suit demand. The single cab and open construction made it more suitable for shunting than the original passenger tram body. Note the roof level contact to provide power to heat trailers. The demise of four wheeled trailers meant that these units had only a short life. Some were subsequently sold to other tram systems. 1905 is preserved by Tram Museum Zürich.
If picture failed to load, click here
Photo by A. Moglestue.
last updated 19.11.02.
counter added 19.11.02.